Tuesday 9 December 2014

Christmas is in the air.......

Yep, Christmas really is in the air now! After a mild Autumn, the weather has turned chilly, with a few frosty mornings making it feel more like December. So, I have been prompted to get on with the Christmas preparations. Christmas cards are all written and waiting in tidy little piles to be posted or hand-delivered and pressies are bought or homemade. But the biggest and most enjoyable job this weekend was putting up the tree - and VOILA!
All it needs now are some gifts around the bottom...... So today's enjoyable task is to get wrapping!

So here I am with a table full of paper, ribbons and bows in a range of colours and textures and surrounded by gifts lovingly made or chosen and now to be lovingly wrapped. This is my FAVOURITE bit - next to watching people open their gifts that is! So the fire is glowing nicely, the tree is beautifully lit, the Christmas music is playing and I even have a little traditional glass of sherry! It is after noon and it is only a teensy little glass so that's ok!

I'll be back to finish this update in a few hours............

 As you can see, I like plain crepe or tissue paper in festive colours all tied up with festive ribbon.
And here they are under the tree........
.....  which finishes it off very nicely.

There are quite a few still to wrap because I do like to take my time doing this, but there is no rush now that there are a few under the tree. And some of my favourite decorations have been unwrapped, dusted off and scattered about the place too  - like these two characters which were a gift from a Canadian friend a couple of years ago and which she said represent me and P!
On the craft front, the last couple of evenings I have spent some time working on unfinished crochet projects but I've also felt like doing some knitting. And so I started a Rainbow Strip Hoodie to match the two blankets that I have recently finished. It's growing really fast! The back and one front were finished in just a few hours. As you can see I still haven't learned the lesson of working in the ends as I go along!



Well, darkness has fallen as I have been writing this update and it's time to make something warm and nourishing to eat! See you again soon, Tricia xx

No comments:

Post a Comment