Monday 14 July 2014

Summer days

Why is it that time seems to fly by so fast in the summer? Another week has gone already and I can hardly say where it went! Even tho' the days are longer and SO very enjoyable - everything seems so much better in the glow of summer sunshine - they just seem to wizz by!

Lots of time being spent outside, of course. Even just hanging the washing out is a pleasure on these beautiful sunny days, as is tending the garden and looking after my pots!
 These ones are beside the front door, with a matching pair the other side.

And these are in the corner of the patio area at the back. 

And this is the latest addition to my garden, courtesy of the lovely E..., my future daughter-in-law and good pal. 
 Is there anything more cute for critters than this!
There's nothing living in there as yet but then it is early days because I've only just put it up. I shall be watching it with great interest!

Because of the lovely weather, crafty time has been largely confined to evenings when the sun has gone down and I'm watching a bit of TV, although I must confess that there has occasionally been an hour or two now and then, either in the garden or in the conservatory, in the sunshine of a lazy summer afternoon! Projects are slowly but surely getting completed - and I have so far kept my word and not started any new ones!

The latest to be completed is my Country Cottage Cushion, now complete with little pearly, almost translucent buttons to fasten the open edge.

 I think the little buttons work really well and I'm very pleased with the end result.

This is the first of two, and the second is well underway too!
I just love choosing the colours for each individual square and then deciding on the colour combinations for each side of the cushion. A few more squares to do for the final side of the second cushion before I join the two sides together using a UK double crochet stitch.

I like these so much I may even decide to make more than two - or to make a matching blanket or throw......
Now that would be a very big project to keep me going right through those winter evenings when they finally return! But for now, it's summer days and sunshine all the way - and back to all those unfinished projects before I start on another new one, big or small!!

BFN, Tricia xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment