Monday 15 September 2014

On A Roll!

I really am on a roll as far as finishing projects are concerned, with another one finished while watching TV last night! My two project baskets, usually full to overflowing, are looking very tidy and manageable now - quite satisfying but also a little disturbing! I now have only one on-going project - my Flower Garden Blanket - and I can once again see all of the colours of the balls of yarn that still fill my baskets!

So, here is the latest! Voila!

 I have called this one my Turquoise Blush Baby Blanket because of the combination of turquoise and soft pink which I think is very unusual and beautiful.

The blanket began as a collection of small traditional Granny Squares in pink and turquoise, as seen above and below

I alternated the colour-ways for variety before joining them together and surrounding with a simple border of turquoise trebles followed by a few more rows of pink
and finally a few more rows of turquoise trebles before finishing it off with a final row of Puff Stitch in turquoise.

I must confess that I would have liked to have done a final row of Puff Stitch in pink but I didn't have enough of exactly that same pink yarn left!



So, there you have it! The Turquoise Blush Baby Blanket is pram/ stroller or small crib size and you can find full details here and here if you are interested.

Well, what next? Now that I can properly see all of those delicious coloured yarns in my baskets I can't wait to choose for my next project! And I have some new yarns too which I would not let myself begin with until I had completed all of those unfinished projects. So, whoopeee! I can now try out some of those new yarns too! I'm SO excited! And that idea of combining rippling with bobbling, which I mentioned in my last post, is still very appealing - I might just have to try that out!

Bye for now, and Happy Hooking!! Tricia xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment