Saturday 13 September 2014

Blackberry Bobble Baby Blanket Finished!

Hi again! A little while since I have been here but it's been a happily busy time during which several projects have been completed and new ones begun!

First, I can show you my Blackberry Bobble Baby Blanket. Voila!

I just LOVE making all these rows of Blackberry-like bobbles! I think an older baby or toddler will love feeling at these as much as I do! There is just something very pleasing about their beautiful bobbliness!


I love these soft pastel shades too. All in all I'm very pleased with how this turned out, especially as I had no idea how it would look when I started and I just made it up as I went along.




But that's not all! I sold my Rainbow Ripple Cot Blanket this week but finished a smaller pram/ stroller sized one! 



I cannot tell you how much pleasure I get from rippling and bobbling and watching a blanket grow as I'm doing it! 



Maybe I can combine rippling and bobbling into one fabulous creation! Now there's a thought!!! Watch this space!

But hold that thought because I have still not finished revealing! 
Last, but not least, I have also finished the only blanket I have ever made using a new-to-me chunky yarn appropriately called Baby Chunky. It's really thick and soft and incorporates a range of lovely soft pastel shades twisted with white. Which is why I have called it my Candy Twist Chunky Baby Blanket - it's the blanket that's chunky of course not the baby!! 

Anyway, here it is......


After all that rippling and bobbling and because of the extra thick yarn I was using, I decided this time to do giant Granny Squares with a very simple trebles border


Unfortunately, the pictures cannot convey that velvety thickness nor how lovely these subtle, soft pastel shades are.

This is why I love hooking SO much - because there is so much variety in the colours and textures of the yarns and also there are so many stitches to choose from. So every project is a completely new and unique experience and each time I complete one I can't wait to begin another! And in fact, as many of you know, I usually DON'T wait to begin another! Which is why I always have several projects on the go at once!

Well, that's three more down - off to the craft basket to see what I fancy doing next! Mmmmm, that ripply-bobbly idea is calling to me...! Catch ya later, Tricia xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment