Tuesday 22 April 2014

Rainy Days and Mondays

Yep, I know it's Tuesday but it feels like Monday because of the bank holiday and it is raining.......... but that's ok 'cos the garden really needs it. The soil was bone dry when we were gardening over the weekend and we have been saving our waste water for several weeks now to water all our precious cuttings and seedlings etc. The conservatory becomes our greenhouse in the winter, providing a home for all the geraniums we bring in to overwinter - and they continue to flower until we put them out again!
The conservatory is my favourite place to be all year round. A bit too early to be putting these out just yet we think. Still a chance of frost. But P, my other half, took his precious seedlings out of the conservatory yesterday and planted them in not-so-straight rows in the vegetable plot. And I planted my new early flowering Dutch honeysuckle to climb along the wooden fencing near the patio so hopefully next year we'll not only have the sight but the fragrance of lots of beautiful honeysuckle flowers as we sit out. It's too small yet to take any piccies of but I'll be sure to get some once it gets established and especially when it flowers.

There are some other new additions too, like the new pink Magnolia to replace the cream one that died so mysteriously a few months ago........ To be honest it was already ailing by then, having not taken at all to being moved to a different part of the garden the year before. Hopefully this one will like where it is and thrive 'cos I do love Magnolia!

And then I planted up these


little pots of loveliness...

Well, they will be when they've grown a bit more! Two pots of the prettiest little Violas which I just think are always so adorable.......


And two red terracotta pots with Blue Marguerites which will look lovely in a few weeks time, sitting on the front step on either side of the door.

No gardening today after all, partly because of the rain but also because I've started with my first cold for several years which came as a real surprise......... Oh well, no worries, it's only a cold - and an excuse, as if I needed one, to take it easy...............

So......
time for a cup of tea (I am SO enjoying using my tea service again! Not to be 'posh' or anything - just because I love the look and feel of  it!) and a scone and jam! Now let's not get into the scon or scone pronunciation debate nor the one about whether it's jam first then cream or t'other way around......!
As you can see I deftly avoided the issue by having marg not cream which means it has to go on before the jam!  And after tea & scone, which is my lunch by the way, what else could there be to occupy a wet and dreary afternoon but a bit of Happy Hooky! Ooooh and the very wonderful Attic 24 is back online again today after some techie issues over the weekend......

Now which one shall I choose......................?

No comments:

Post a Comment