Monday 21 April 2014

Easter Weekend

What a wonderful Easter weekend, full of sunshine and lots of opportunities for hooky bliss! Despite having lots of knitting and crochet projects on the go at the moment, and having PROMISED not to start anything new until I have finished them, I simply could not resist the lovely new coloured yarns I recently ordered which were just sitting there in my new box, tempting me! So, I gave in...... and started my Rainbow Ripple baby blanket, inspired by so many others like the beautiful ones on Annie's Place and by the wonderful Lucy at Attic 24 who is a complete inspiration! Check her out if you have not already done so!

So yesterday, while my man was out sailing and I had the day all to myself, I took my box of rainbow goodies into the warmth of the conservatory (my favourite place to sit) and started........




And before I knew it.......







A Rainbow Ripple blanket was born!









In no time at all my knees were covered by waves of gorgeous colour.



Time to stop for tea! A couple of days ago, when drinking tea out of mugs with a friend, we were debating whether tea really does taste better from a china cup. And, not for the first time, I remembered the beautiful Royal Doulton tea service my brother Jeff had given us as a wedding present in 1977! I thought it was SO beautiful, delicate and fragile and I LOVED using it for a few years. And then life got very busy when the boys came along - no time for afternoon tea and precious, fragile things were put away.... A few house moves followed and my Royal Doulton tea service has now spent most of it's life - and mine! - in a box in the loft! Well, no more!

Yesterday I went up, got it out, washed it and put it lovingly in a kitchen cupboard so that I can use it every day. What a shame to have things we love so much that we don't use them! And I personally think without question tea DOES taste better, and I drink more of it, when it's in a china cup. I very rarely eat cake but this was a multiple celebration - Easter hols, the creation of a Rainbow Ripple blanket and the second coming of my beautiful china tea service! The cake, a delicious Bakewell made by my good friend June, was delicious. What a blissful way to spend an afternoon! And after tea.......more Happy Hooky!

No comments:

Post a Comment