Monday 21 April 2014

Yorkshire Sculpture Park

Easter Saturday and the weather was just too lovely to stay indoors hooking, so off we went to the  Yorkshire Sculpture Park in the hope of seeing woods full of bluebells. The park was really busy, everyone having the same idea obviously! All sorts of lovely people out enjoying the Spring sunshine and the beautiful scenery. We did find bluebells but not as many as we had hoped - maybe we're a week early. Which is ok, 'cos now we'll just have to go back again!


They do look beautiful even if they are not yet as abundant as we have seen them in previous years. Our timing may just be a bit off......




Nonetheless, it was a lovely day and there is always lots to see. We are used to the sculptures everywhere now and there were a few 'interesting' new ones - which I foolishly did not photograph!  But for me it is the landscape and the animals which always take centre stage - and I did photograph them!

 Aren't they just too gorgeous! I often photograph these beauties, usually while they are moving around which can sometimes make getting a shot a bit tricky - but not today! They obviously decided it was chill out time for them too!
 This fella did show a bit more interest in what was going on, but not enough to stir his stumps!
 Well, I eventually tore myself away and we continued to amble around enjoying the scenery and the day. If you haven't been to YSP I can really recommend it - and the kids just love finding the sculptures, most of which are huge and can be climbed on and explored! I'll have to take some pics of the best ones on our next visit!



Anyway, on our return home it was time for a cup of tea, of course, and some hooky!
This is one of my oh-so-nearly-finished projects that I have PROMISED I'll finish before starting anything new - and I broke that promise yesterday when I succumbed to the temptation of a box full of colour-popping new yarns and started my Rainbow Ripple blanket! Ta-dah!!
I love to have several things on the go at once tho', then I pick up whatever I fancy as the mood takes me, knitting or hooky. And they all do get finished, I just work on several at once. Anyway, the sun has gone and it's nearly time for tea again! But just enough time for a bit of hooky first! Now which one shall I choose........???????

No comments:

Post a Comment