Wednesday 29 October 2014

Celebrating Life.

I'm sorry I've been away for a while Hooky Pals - longer than I intended. I enjoyed a very pleasant week in Mallorca, with very warm sunshiney days and nothing to do but potter around.

Above is a view from the promenade at C'an Picafort where we stayed,  a very pleasant little town just down the coast from Alcudia.

 I just had to take this picture! So much work has gone into creating this sand dragon.
 These remaining pics are of Alcudia old town, I just love wandering down these little narrow streets.

Unfortunately, the day after I got back a very close friend and neighbour passed away, losing her short and traumatic battle with cancer. Gone far too soon........ She was a wonderful, feisty, vibrant woman who had always grabbed life with both hands and lived it to the full - something she tried to continue to do to the very end. And her premature and all-too-fast passing serves as another reminder to do the same and live life to the full, in whatever way means most to us.

And for me knitting and hooking is a BIG part of that, because I get so much pleasure from it. So. I have, of course, got several projects on the go. I will just give you a sneak peak of a couple.......

 This picture doesn't really do justice to the colours of this Hexie Hooky blanket - but then I always think that projects look so much better when you can get close up and personal with them!
 And this is my latest Hoodie Set: a little sunshine striped seed stitch hoodie and what will be a matching pram blanket with a knitted seed stitch centre panel and a yet-to-be-crafted hooky border of some sort. The hoodie just needs the sleeves to be sewn in and the buttons attached and the blanket is just waiting for me to get on with deciding on a border.
But all of that will have to wait a couple of weeks now because I'm off abroad again on November 1st, this time for a couple of weeks in South Africa, travelling the beautiful Garden Route from Port Elizabeth to Capetown! I really can't tell you how excited I am! I might not be hooking but I will be doing the next best thing which is taking lots of pics of my travels!

I'm really looking forward to sharing with you when I get back, so watch this space Hooky Pals and I'll be back before too long. BFN, Tricia xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment