Sunday 5 October 2014

Introducing 'doppelpops'! SO exciting!

I'm SOooooo excited, Happy Hooky Pals! I have a REAL treat for you today! I want to introduce to you my very talented friend Clare and her really amazing, and oh so cute, doppelpops lookalike dolls. 

Here is what she has to say about how doppelpops were born.

doppelpops were born when I couldn’t attend my friend’s Hen Party weekend. I wanted to still have a ‘presence’ during the weekend, so I created a little ‘mini-me’ to send along with her! 


She loved it, and appreciated the gesture.



I enjoyed making the doll so much, I decided to keep going and drew inspiration from the sweet-faced simplicity of Waldorf Dolls.









My favourite thing about making doppelpops is focusing on the qualities that make a person individual and then turning that into a unique portrait in cloth and yarn.


doppelpops are custom made lookalike dolls of you, or a loved one, and can match the skin tone, hair and eye colour of the subject. Check out my etsy shop for more details!














Aren't they just great! I just love Clare's unique creations. And having seen them 'in person' I can tell you that they are even more amazing than in the pictures! They seem so simple and innocent and yet each one is so full of personality. Soft and cuddly too! Custom-made, they make a completely unique gift for all kinds of occasions. So if you have a special someone, a special occasion or both or if there is a special someone you want to be reminded of, take a look at the Clare's etsy doppelpops shop here.

Well, I have a number of hooky and knitting projects on the go at the moment but I'm off on Wednesday for a little holiday for a week so I'll catch up with you when I get back. BFN, Tricia xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment