Tuesday 24 June 2014

Almost finished!

Just thought I would give you a quick project update since I am tantalizingly close to finishing another project - my bright and joyous Carnival hoodie and blanket. Here's the hoodie, which I am so pleased with!
I just love these colours! And the crochet border, which I have definitely decided I will do again on some of my knitted projects. I love the square shape of the hood on this little coat too! 

I just have to sew on the buttons - I decided on these cute little teddies this time - and then I need to crochet the loops which will fasten them together.

So, Carnival Hoodie & Blanket Set nearly finished - and another one already started and well underway! 
I love the softness and pastel shades of this yarn manufactured by Coats under the brand name Red Heart Bella. This particular shade combo is called Candy. In my yarn box of goodies I have got some DK in lavender and I also found a matching pink which I have tried out for the borders. I like both and think they both match equally well - so I may just carry on using both! Pink borders for the hoodie and both pink and lavender borders in the blanket maybe? We'll see how it evolves........

While posting these pics I noticed that you can just see a tiny, tantalizing little glimpse of my beautiful oriental-design case for my hooks in the top right hand corner, so I thought you might like a better look!
















LOVELY isn't it?

I have about three of these in different colours, one for hooks and two bigger ones for my knitting needles. I've had them for some time now. I found them on ebay. They are not only beautiful but they were also quite inexpensive - I just had to wait a little while for them to come in from China. I just love them. Beautiful cases for my precious hooks and needles.

Well,  I'd better go. After a very long, busy and messy day decorating yesterday, with NO crafting at all!, I have a quieter day today but a supermarket shop is needed now - and then later there may be time for a bit of crafting, buttons to be sewn on, knitting and crochet to do ..... there's always something to look forward to. 

Bye For Now, Tricia xx

No comments:

Post a Comment