Tuesday 3 June 2014

Project Update

Hello again, Happy Hookers! Erm, that might be misunderstood, so I'll just re-phrase that! Hello, Crafty Friends, today I thought I would just give you a quick update on project developments.....

No progress at all on the knitting projects, just don't seem to be in the mood for two needles! However, in the evenings while watching TV I have been working on two of my hooky projects. I even managed a couple of hours hooking yesterday afternoon as a reward for having spent the WHOLE MORNING ironing clothes and changing linens on all the beds!

So, over the last few days my Rainbow Ripple Pram/ Stroller Blanket has grown from this,
 to this.........


And my turquoise/ pink
blanket now looks like this........!!



If you read my last post, Projects old and new, you'll realise that I have made some changes to this one! I decided I didn't like the joining method I was using i.e. double crochets on the right side which gives raised ridges. I have done this before on several other projects, like my two Aztec Blankets, and it has worked out well but I just didn't like it this time. So, I unjoined them, re-arranged and re-joined them so that they now lie flat with no ridges! Then I began a border of trebles in turquoise, changing to half trebles in pink because trebles were beginning to give a wavy edge which I didn't want. I've still got several more rows of pink to go and then another band of turquoise and then I'll probably finish with some kind of piquot edge........ but who knows?!!!

I have also already identified my next project, ordered the yarn and am now awaiting delivery! I'm SO excited!!! I found this on the internet and just HAVE to make it!! It's just beautiful! And thank you so much to Kirsten for making her pattern and colour scheme available for FREE! Wonderful! I really cannot wait to get started on this.

But, back to FINISHING other projects first! So, I am nearly finished one hooky project, the turquoise/ pink one, the Rainbow Ripple is about half done, and the Flower Garden Blanket is well on the way sooooo I should be able to start another hooking project VERY soon! Hip, Hip, Hooray!

I am also excitedly awaiting delivery of some new hooks! I have been looking for a while for some with a wider soft grip, preferably in exciting colours but the only ones I could find were individual hand-made gel-handled ones on Etsy which were very nice tho' quite pricey and would have to come in from USA. Anyway, I decided to wait a while and looked again this week, only to find several sets on Amazon, where there were none a few weeks ago! Gorgeous multi-coloured hooks and SO CHEAP! I have ordered these and these!!! Of course I don't know yet what they will be like to use but they do look gorgeous! I really do need the wider, softer grips now I'm doing such a lot of hooking again 'cos the index finger that the hook presses against gets quite sore by the end of session! Anyway, I'll let you know how I get on with them once they arrive......

So much excitement......! The kid in me is totally triggered, which is no bad thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment